This series entitled “Lights, Camera, Action!” is a 5-week study where kids will learn how to pull Biblical truths out of any movie and apply them to their lives. Topics covered in the series will include: jealousy, integrity, friendship, persistence, and encouragement. Kids will watch movie clips from classic kid’s movies each week. Family take-home cards will include an additional family movie discussion to go along with the movie of the week. The weekly curriculum content for this series includes weekly verses, two game options, a takeaway statement, a message/object lesson, a character skit, small group discussion questions, review questions, and a family take-home card. A bumper video and graphic slides for the theme, games, takeaways, and review questions are provided as well.
Lights, Camera, Action! Series Overview
- Topic – Jealousy
- Bible Story – Cain and Abel (Genesis 4:1-12)
- Movie – Toy Story
- Today’s Takeaway – Jealousy can change everything if I don’t control it.
- Weekly Verse – “Let us not become conceited, or provoke one another, or be jealous of one another.” (Galatians 5:26)
- Topic – Integrity
- Bible Story – David Spares Saul’s Life (1 Samuel 24:1-22)
- Movie – Lion King
- Today’s Takeaway – I should do the right thing even when it’s hard.
- Weekly Verse – “The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers.” (1 Peter 3:12a)
- Topic – Friendship
- Jonathan and David (1 Samuel 18-20)
- Movie – Cars
- Today’s Takeaway – Don’t be selfish. Instead, put others before yourself.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.” (Philippians 2:3)
- Topic – Persistence
- Peter and John Persistently Preach (Acts 3-5)
- Movie – Finding Nemo
- Today’s Takeaway – I will never give up on pursuing God.
- Weekly Verse – “Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him.” (1 Chronicles 16:11)
- Topic – Encouragement
- Paul, the Encourager (Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Movie – The Lego Movie
- Today’s Takeaway – Everything is awesome when we build each other up.
- Weekly Verse – “So encourage each other and build each other up.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11a)
Lights, Camera, Action! Pinterest Board – Check out my Lights, Camera, Action! Series Pinterest board for more great ideas for set design, crafts, and games to go along with the series.
Lights, Camera, Action! Set Design – Head over to my set design page to find ideas for decorating your environment for the theme.