Discovery is an 8-week series where kids will learn how the Old and New Testaments are connected and support each other each week. They will be encouraged to dig deeper into God’s Word! During small groups, kids will go on a Footnotes Treasure Hunt where they will learn how to use footnotes and that many verses in the New Testament quoted verses from the Old Testament.
Series Verse: “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,” 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verses
- A Takeaway statement
- 2 game options
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Bible Story – The Old and the New (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Today’s Takeaway – I should dig into all of God’s Word.
- Weekly Verse – “Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled.” Romans 15:4 (NLT)
- Bible Story – The First and Last Adam (Genesis 3, Romans 5:12-19)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can be forgiven even if I don’t deserve it.
- Weekly Verse – “Just as everyone dies because we all belong to Adam, everyone who belongs to Christ will be given new life.” 1 Corinthians 15:22 (NLT)
- Bible Story – 10 = 2 (Exodus 20:3; Matthew 22:35-40)
- Today’s Takeaway – Love God and love people.
- Weekly Verse – “If you love me, obey my commandments.” John 14:15 (NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus, the Perfect High Priest (Hebrews 10:1-18)
- Today’s Takeaway – Jesus gave his life for me, so I will give my life to him.
- Weekly Verse – “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice – the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.” Romans 12:1 (NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus is Tempted (Luke 4:1-13)
- Today’s Takeaway – I should know the Bible and be ready to use it.
- Weekly Verse – “I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” Psalm 119:11 (NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus and Jonah (Jonah 1-4; Mark 4:35-41)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can choose to follow God or go my own way.
- Weekly Verse – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus and the Bronze Snake (John 3:1-17; Numbers 21:4-9)
- Today’s Takeaway – I will believe in Jesus because he is the only way.
- Weekly Verse – “If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 (NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus, the Bread of Life (John 6:24-51; Exodus 16)
- Today’s Takeaway – I need to focus on the eternal instead of the perishable.
- Weekly Verse – “Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.” Matthew 6:21 (NLT)