Expect the Unexpected is an 8-week series where kids will learn about some of the unbelievable miracles Jesus performed while He was on earth. They will learn to trust God and expect the unexpected. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. We have added an easy to use family option for churches who are unable to do small groups or who remain virtual. All large group content is online service-friendly, please feel free to record and use any of the content in your live and online streaming services. Everything is Covid-friendly and written with social distancing in mind.
Series Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Family resource (alternative to small groups)
- Service slides
- Additional social media graphics
- Printable game cards
- Bible Story – Jesus Provides a Big Catch (Luke 5:1-11)
- Today’s Takeaway – Jesus always gives us more than we expect.
- Weekly Verse – “Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:20 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Heals a Leper (Mark 1:40-45)
- Today’s Takeaway – We should ask with expectation, but accept God’s will.
- Weekly Verse – “And we are confident that He hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases Him.” (1 John 5:14 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Raises the Widow’s Son (Luke 7:11-18)
- Today’s Takeaway -We should never stop expecting the unexpected.
- Weekly Verse – “All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by His great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation…” (1 Peter 1:3 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Calms the Storm (Mark 4:35-41)
- Today’s Takeaway – We should expect God’s timing to be different than our own.
- Weekly Verse – “But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.” (2 Peter 3:8 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Opens the Eyes of the Blind (Matthew 9:27-31)
- Today’s Takeaway – We should be persistent in expecting the unexpected.
- Weekly Verse – “So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.” (Galatians 6:9 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Feeds 4,000+ (Matthew 15:32-38)
- Today’s Takeaway -We can expect God to care about the small things.
- Weekly Verse – “Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Heals a Woman on the Sabbath (Luke 13:10-17)
- Today’s Takeaway – God is always working even when we don’t expect it.
- Weekly Verse – “But Jesus replied, ‘My Father is always working, and so am I.’” (John 5:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Causes a Tree to Wither (Matthew 21:18-22)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you are faithful, expect to be fruitful.
- Weekly Verse – “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in Me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from Me you can do nothing.” (John 15:5 NLT)