Face Your Fears is an 8-week series where kids will learn how to face and conquer their fears from the examples of Daniel and his friends. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. All large group content is online service-friendly, please feel free to record and use any of the content in your live and online streaming services. Everything is contact-free and written with social distancing in mind.
Series Verse: “For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – Daniel and Friends are Taken (Daniel 1:1-7)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of the unknown.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that He has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.” (Deuteronomy 29:29 NLT)
- Bible Story – Daniel and Friends Stand Out (Daniel 1:8-20)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of being different.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.” (Romans 12:2 NLT)
- Bible Story – Daniel Interprets the King’s Dream (Daniel 2)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of being unprepared.
- Weekly Verse – “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” (2 Corinthians 4:18 NLT)
- Bible Story – Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego Stand Up (Daniel 3:1-18)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of standing up for what I believe in.
- Weekly Verse – “Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.” (James 4:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Shadrach, Meshach Abednego Face the Fire (Daniel 3:19-30)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of death.
- Weekly Verse – “Yes, we are fully confident, and we would rather be away from these earthly bodies, for then we will be at home with the Lord.” (2 Corinthians 5:8 NLT)
- Bible Story – Daniel Interprets a Second Dream (Daniel 4)
- Today’s Takeaway – I should fear God above all else.
- Weekly Verse – “Fear of the Lord is the foundation of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in good judgment.” (Proverbs 9:10 NLT)
- Bible Story – Writing on the Wall (Daniel 5)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of the supernatural.
- Weekly Verse – “Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.” (Ephesians 6:13 NLT)
- Bible Story – Daniel Faces the Lion’s Den (Daniel 6)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can face my fear of praying in public.
- Weekly Verse – “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.” (Matthew 18:19-20 NLT)