Joy Story is a 4-week Christmas series where kids will learn about the original “Joy Story”. They will learn about the Christmas story and how to find true joy in their own lives.
Series Verse: “This is how God showed His love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him.” (1 John 4:9 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verses
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – Elizabeth and Mary Are Expecting (Luke 1:5-45)
- Today’s Takeaway – We can have joy because God is with us.
- Weekly Verse – “I can never escape from Your Spirit! I can never get away from Your presence!” (Psalm 139:7 NLT)
- Bible Story – Joseph and the Angel (Matthew 1:18-24)
- Today’s Takeaway – We can have joy even when we don’t understand our situation.
- Weekly Verse – “Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Shepherds (Luke 2:1-20)
- Today’s Takeaway – We can have joy when we seek God first.
- Weekly Verse – “Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek Him.” (1 Chronicles 16:11 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Wise Men (Matthew 2:1-12)
- Today’s Takeaway – We can have joy when we follow God’s plan.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord says, ‘I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you.’” (Psalm 32:8 NLT)