Let It Out! is a 5-week series where kids will learn about five emotions: joy, fear, anger, disgust, and sadness from the book of Psalm. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. All large group content is online service-friendly, please feel free to record and use any of the content in your live and online streaming services. Everything is contact-free and written with social distancing in mind.
Series Verse: “Let them know that you, whose name is the Lord–that you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Suggested Video Clip
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Emotion – Joy
- Bible Story – Finding Joy (Psalm 16)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can find joy in the presence of the Lord.
- Weekly Verse – “You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.” (Psalm 16:11 NLT)
- Emotion – Fear
- Bible Story – God > Fear (Psalm 27)
- Today’s Takeaway – I have nothing to be afraid of because God is with me.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?” (Psalm 27:1 NLT)
- Emotion – Anger
- Bible Story – The Anger Switch (Psalm 13)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can be honest with God about my anger.
- Weekly Verse – “O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way?” (Psalm 13:1 NLT)
- Emotion – Disgust
- Bible Story – Sweet vs. Sour (Psalm 119:153-163)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can find everything I need in God’s Word.
- Weekly Verse – “How sweet your words taste to me; they are sweeter than honey. Your commandments give me understanding; no wonder I hate every false way of life.” (Psalm 119:103-104 NLT)
- Emotion – Sadness
- Bible Story – Roller Coaster of Emotions (Psalm 42)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can come to God for comfort when I am sad.
- Weekly Verse – “Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!” (Psalm 42:11 NLT)