Let’s Glow is a 12-week series where kids will learn about the early church and apostles in the book of Acts. They will be challenged to get out and glow bright in their world.
Series Verse: “While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” (John 9:5 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – Peter Steps in the Spotlight (Acts 2:1-41)
- Today’s Takeaway – I’m not afraid to step into the spotlight and tell others about Jesus.
- Weekly Verse – “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes.” (Romans 1:16a NLT)
- Bible Story – The Early Church – Brighter Together (Acts 2:42-47)
- Today’s Takeaway – We glow brighter together.
- Weekly Verse – “And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.” (Hebrews 10:25 NLT)
- Bible Story – Stephen Shines Bright (Acts 6:8-7:60)
- Today’s Takeaway – I won’t let anyone put my light out.
- Weekly Verse – “You are the light of the world – like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.” (Matthew 5:14 NLT)
- Bible Story – Simon, the Sorcerer is Saved (Acts 8:4-25)
- Today’s Takeaway – Darkness is no match for God’s light.
- Weekly Verse – “The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” (John 1:5 NLT)
- Bible Story – Philip Listens (Acts 8:26-40)
- Today’s Takeaway – When God gives direction we follow!
- Weekly Verse – “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.” (John 10:27 NLT)
- Bible Story – Saul Sees the Light (Acts 9:1-31)
- Today’s Takeaway – No one is too far into the darkness that they can’t come back to the light.
- Weekly Verse – “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun.” (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Peter Heals Aeneas and Raises Dorcas (Acts 9:32-42)
- Today’s Takeaway – When God’s power shines bright, people notice and believe.
- Weekly Verse – “I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him.” (Ephesians 1:18-19a NLT)
- Bible Story – Peter Visits Cornelius (Acts 10:1-48)
- Today’s Takeaway – God’s light is available to everyone who believes.
- Weekly Verse – “I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.” (John 5:24 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Death of Herod Agrippa (Acts 12:20-23)
- Today’s Takeaway – I must remember that it is God’s light shining through me.
- Weekly Verse – “But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!” (Galatians 5:22-23 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul Defeats a Sorcerer (Acts 13:4-12)
- Today’s Takeaway – The darkness can be tempting, but God’s light will always shine brighter.
- Weekly Verse – “The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.” (1 Corinthians 10:13 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul Preaches to the Gentiles (Acts 13:44-49)
- Today’s Takeaway – When people refuse to turn to the light, share it with those who will listen.
- Weekly Verse – “For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.” (Romans 1:16 NLT)
- Bible story – Paul Heals a Crippled Man (Acts 14:8-10)
- Today’s Takeaway – I want my faith to shine so brightly that others can see it too!
- Weekly Verse – “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.” (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)