Names of God is an 8-week series where kids will learn about eight names of God from the Old Testament and what their meanings tell us about God’s character.
Series Verse: “I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,” (Isaiah 45:5 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Name of God – Jehovah Jireh (The Lord will Provide)
- Bible Story – God Provides for Abraham (Genesis 22:1-14)
- Today’s Takeaway – God knows my needs and will provide for me.
- Weekly Verse – “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.” (Matthew 6:31-32 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Repheka (The Lord is Healer)
- Bible Story – God Promises Health (Exodus 15:22-26)
- Today’s Takeaway – I must believe and ask God for His healing.
- Weekly Verse – “Jesus traveled through all the towns and villages of that area, teaching in the synagogues and announcing the Good News about the Kingdom. And He healed every kind of disease and illness.” (Matthew 9:35 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Nissi (The Lord is my Banner)
- Bible Story – God Gives the Israelites Victory (Exodus 17:8-15)
- Today’s Takeaway – I can trust God to fight my battles.
- Weekly Verse – “No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.” (Romans 8:37 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Tsabaoth (The Lord of Hosts/Armies)
- Bible Story – The Lord’s Invisible Army (2 Kings 6:8-18)
- Today’s Takeaway – The Lord always watches over me even though I can’t see it.
- Weekly Verse – “For He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go.” (Psalm 91:11 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Shamah (The Lord is There)
- Bible Story – God is Everywhere! (Psalm 139:7-12)
- Today’s Takeaway – God is with me everywhere I go.
- Weekly Verse – “‘Can anyone hide from me in a secret place? Am I not everywhere in all the heavens and earth?’ says the Lord.” (Jeremiah 23:24 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Tsidqenu (The Lord our Righteousness)
- Bible Story – Jesus is the Only Way (Jeremiah 23:5-6)
- Today’s Takeaway – God wants me to live in His righteousness.
- Weekly Verse – “For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ.” (2 Corinthians 5:21 NLT)
- Name of God – Jehovah Shalom (The Lord is Peace)
- Bible Story – Gideon Receives God’s Peace (Judges 6:1-24)
- Today’s Takeaway – When my life is crazy God can give me peace.
- Weekly Verse – “Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you His peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16 NLT)
- Name of God – I AM
- Bible Story – I AM is Sending You (Exodus 3:13-15)
- Today’s Takeaway – God is the one and only true God.
- Weekly Verse – “Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He.” (Isaiah 41:4 NIV)