Squad is a 5-week series where kids will learn about friendship from the many relationships of Paul. They will discover that we have different types of friends for different seasons in our lives. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. All large group content is online service-friendly, please feel free to record and use any of the content in your live and online streaming services. Everything is contact-free and written with social distancing in mind.
Series Verse: “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.” (1 John 4:7 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – Paul and Timothy (1 Timothy 6:11-21)
- Today’s Takeaway – Friends help us grow.
- Weekly Verse – “So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul, Barnabas, and Mark (Acts 15:36-41)
- Today’s Takeaway – Friends don’t always agree.
- Weekly Verse – “Let all who are spiritually mature agree on these things. If you disagree on some point, I believe God will make it plain to you.” (Philippians 3:15 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul, Onesimus, and Philemon (Philemon 1:8-21)
- Today’s Takeaway – Friends help us fix things.
- Weekly Verse – “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.” (Proverbs 27:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul and Silas (Acts 16:16-34)
- Today’s Takeaway – Friends go through hard times together.
- Weekly Verse – “If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” (Ecclesiastes 4:10 NLT)
- Bible Story – Paul, Aquila, and Priscilla (Romans 16:3-4)
- Today’s Takeaway – Friends will risk anything for each other.
- Weekly Verse – “There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” (John 15:13 NLT)