Thank You Notes To God is a 6-week series where kids will be reminded of all the things they have to be thankful to God for. It’s the perfect series to use in the fall and leading up to Christmas. It includes 4 weeks of regular curriculum and 2 weeks of Christmas curriculum which can be used together or separate.
Series Verse: “in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verses
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – Ruth and Naomi (Ruth 1)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for my family and friends.
- Weekly Verse – “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Good Shepherd (John 10:11-16)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for Your protection and provision.
- Weekly Verse – “And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-32)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for Your love and forgiveness.
- Weekly Verse – “Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.” (Ephesians 4:32 NLT)
- Bible Story – Heaven, Our Forever Home (Revelation 21:3-27)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for my forever home.
- Weekly Verse – “He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.” (Revelation 21:4 NLT)
Week 5 (Christmas)
- Bible Story – God’s Greatest Promise (Matthew 1:18-24; Luke 1:26-38)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for Your promises.
- Weekly Verse – “God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?” (Numbers 23:19 NLT)
Week 6 (Christmas)
- Bible Story – God Sends His Son (Luke 2:1-20)
- Today’s Takeaway – Thank you, God, for sending Your Son.
- Weekly Verse – “God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:17 NLT)