The Switch is an 8-week series where kids will learn about how God can turn the ugliest, worst situations around for something beautiful and good. This curriculum is written with RIGHT NOW in mind. We have added an easy to use family option for churches who are unable to do small groups or who remain virtual. All large group content is online service-friendly, please feel free to record and use any of the content in your live and online streaming services. Everything is COVID-friendly and written with social distancing in mind.
Series Verse: Series Verse: “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Family resource (alternative to small groups)
- Service slides
- Additional social media graphics
- Bible Story – Peter Gets Another Chance (Mark 14:29-31, Luke 22:56-62, John 21:15-17 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God will never give up on me!
- Weekly Verse – “But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 86:15 NLT)
- Bible Story – David Defeats Goliath (1 Samuel 17:1-51 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can help us overcome big problems!
- Weekly Verse – “We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.” (2 Corinthians 4:8 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jephthah Takes the Victory (Judges 11:1-32 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can help us overcome rejection!
- Weekly Verse – “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.” (Deuteronomy 31:8 NLT)
- Bible Story – Moses Loses His Temper (Exodus 2-3:10 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can still use me even after I’ve messed up!
- Weekly Verse – “Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.” (James 3:2 NLT)
- Bible Story – Jesus Heals a Blind Man (John 9:1-34 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can help me overcome what people think about me.
- Weekly Verse – “Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.” (Galatians 1:10 NLT)
- Bible Story – Job Has a Hard Time (Job 1-42 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can help me through hard times.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles.” (Psalm 34:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Ruth Stays with Naomi (Ruth 1:1-18 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God can help me stay faithful through loss.
- Weekly Verse – “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.” (Psalm 34:18 NLT)
- Bible Story – Saul Disobeys God (1 Samuel 9:1-3; 15-16 NLT)
- Today’s Takeaway – God gives us big things when we are faithful to do the small things.
- Weekly Verse – “If you love me, obey my commandments.” (John 14:15 NLT)