1. GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- These guidelines supplement the Content License Agreement. Your Organization’s use of KMCM content must comply with these guidelines and the applicable License Agreement. Capitalized terms in these guidelines are defined in the respective agreement.
- Any Content which is not expressly designated by KMCM as “editable” may not be revised or edited.
- POSTING ANY KMCM CONTENT, TRADEMARKS, OR ADAPTATIONS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, ON UNSECURED OR PUBLIC WEB SITES (E.G. YOUTUBE) AND USE OF ANY KMCM CONTENT OR TRADEMARKS IN FOR-SALE OR COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND WILL AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR LICENSE.
2. DOWNLOADABLE TEXT AND IMAGES:
- Content may be reproduced and distributed only to employees, volunteers, children and families within the applicable children’s ministry environment of your Organization unless express permission is given by KMCM.
- Content may be reproduced and distributed to your staff and volunteers through printed copies, email or recording to CD/DVD, provided copies are limited to the number reasonably necessary.
- Your Organization may create original videos and live productions (collectively, “Adaptations”) adapted from the curriculum Content, provided that: 1) the Adaptations are displayed and performed solely in the Organization during the Term set forth in the Content License; 2) the Adaptation is not distributed, sold, or otherwise reproduced; and 3) attribution is given as follows: “Adapted from [curriculum name] with permission. © [year], KMCM.” Any music and other licenses required to create or record the Adaptations must be separately acquired by, and are solely the responsibility of, the Organization. Please note the rights your Organization grants to KMCM for each Adaptation you create, as described in the Content License.
- If the Content includes any message scripts or message notes, no more than 100 words may be quoted directly without the prior written permission of KMCM, and personal examples in the KMCM message must be replaced with appropriate Organization examples. The Organization’s message, as adapted from the KMCM message, may be performed solely on the Organization’s premises and may be promoted solely to the Organization’s membership, on the Organization’s premises, and on the Organization’s corporate website. Provided that the Organization complies with the above restrictions, the Organization may sell audio recordings of the Organization’s message internally to its membership and may live stream said recordings from its website, but may not podcast the message or distribute or sell the recordings in any way outside of the Organization’s premises or membership.
3. MUSIC/AUDIO AND VIDEO: Music/audio and video files posted by KMCM for download as part of a License may be used by your Organization as follows during the License Term:
- Playback on Organization premises: unlimited
- Permission to burn track to CD/DVD: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your Organization
- Permission to transfer to MP3-enabled portable device for Organization use: unlimited when distributing to employees and volunteers that are a part of your church or organization. Any reproduction for commercial resale or distribution is strictly prohibited.
4. TRADEMARKS: Trademarks may be reproduced and displayed in connection with the environment and/or program in which you are using the corresponding curriculum under a current License. You agree to use the Trademarks in the form provided by KMCM without alteration of any kind and to include the trademark notices (“TM” or “©”) used by KMCM with each display of the Trademarks. The trademark license does not include the right to use any Trademark in your Organization’s name, in the name of an Organization’s ministry or program, or in connection with a for-sale product or service offered by your Organization.
5. The Organization agrees to cease all use of the Content and Trademarks upon expiration or termination of the applicable License. Additionally, all copies of Content accessed through the License or Plan and stored by the Organization on any hard drive or other storage device or in hard copy must be deleted or destroyed upon expiration or termination of the License.
6. It is your responsibility to inform each user of the restrictions applicable to use of the Content and Trademarks under these Usage Guidelines, and to enforce them.
[Updated September 22, 2020]